GPS Tracker Basic Setup (TK102B / TK103 / TK104)
- Please fully charge the battery before its first use.
- Use only standard size SIM Card. Insert the SIM card- wait for 45 - 60 sec until the green LED start blinking.
- Please do NOT use any 3rd party application (iPhone/Android app) to configure the GPS tracker.
The factory default password of your brand new GPS tracker is 123456.
1. Turn on the deviceSend an SMS: begin123456 and the tracker will reply: begin ok!
2. IMEI checkLike a mobile phone, every GPS tracker has a unique IMEI number. You should take a note of the IMEI number. Send this SMS command to the tracker: imei123456.
The tracker will reply: imei 35971004xxxxyyy
3. Time Zone SetTo set the correct Time Zone to your trakcer.
Command format: time<SPACE>zone<PASSWORD><SPACE>GMT-time-offset
If you are in NSW: Send SMS: time zone123456 11
If you are in QLD: Send SMS: time zone123456 10
If you are in SA: Send SMS: time zone123456 10.5
If you are in VIC: Send SMS: time zone123456 11
If you are in WA: Send SMS: ignore this section. The default Time Zone is set to Perth, WA
4. Status CheckTo check the status of the GPS tracker by sending an SMS command: check123456
You will receive a reply SMS
5. Setting up APN
You need to setup the mobile network APN (Access Point Name) to your GPS tracker. This is required to access the mobile data service by the tracker to
convert the geo-coordinates into street address. FYI: Like an ordinary car navigation system it
doesn't have any MAP file loaded into it. So, the tracker sends the geo-ordinates into Google Map server and converts that info into street address.
ALDI Mobile mdata.net.au
Virgin Mobile VIRGININTERNET
To sent the correct APN send an SMS: apn123456 Your_Network_APN For instance, if I use Amaysim SIM card with my tracker then to setup APN I should send an SMS: apn123456 yesinternet
If you are using Lycamobile then follow the following commands:
Lycamobile APN data.lycamobile.com.au BUT Lycamobile SIM requires username and password to access their data services. Username: lmau and Password: plus
SMS command format: UP<PASSWORD><SPACE><APN_Username><SPACE>APN_Password. So to setup the APN for Lycamobile SIM, send the following commands to the tracker:
apn123456 data.lycamobile.com.au tracker will reply apn ok! then send another command to setup username/password
up123456 lmau plus